In the last 3 months, AI companies have raised nearly $9B in funding. Over 3,700 platforms and tools now offer generative AI services. And 1 in 3 adults over the age of 18 has used a generative AI tool this year, according to Vox Media.
The AI revolution is underway. It’s becoming impossible to ignore the impact, let alone the surrounding conversations. But for all that we hear about AI, we rarely hear about the people working on it.
The WTF Innovators Award shines a light on the trailblazers shaping our future, making their innovations, ideas, and impact known. The award recognizes excellence at the precipice of societal change, with the inaugural class focusing on AI innovators.
Originally, my plan was to showcase these 34 AI leaders in a book about generative AI tools. But this industry moves too fast to do that book justice. So I made an album instead that consists of a sonic story about each of the 34 inaugural winners of the WTF Innovators Award.
Music transcends all knowledge and economic barriers. It’s a medium that is enjoyed by everyone, and thus an ideal way to share their impact in a way that resonates with a larger audience. The sonic stories honor their contributions to humanity and make it known who are the leaders in AI. – QuHarrison Terry, International Best-selling Author of The Metaverse Handbook and The NFT Handbook
Below, you’ll find the inaugural 34 recipients of the WTF Innovators Award. Click their name for a complete profile and to listen to the sonic story dedicated to them.
- Joel Alexander – Founder of PareaAI
- Anima Anandkumar – Sr. Director of AI Research at NVIDIA and Bren Professor at Caltech
- Dario Amodei – CEO of Anthropic
- Jonas Andrulis – CEO of Aleph Alpha
- Barsee – Founder of AI Valley
- Joshua Browder – CEO of DoNotPay
- David Dohan – Researcher at OpenAI
- Dr. Jim Fan – AI Scientist at NVIDIA
- Stew Fortier – CEO of Type AI
- Aidan Gomez – CEO of Cohere
- Ani Gottiparthy – Co-founder of Baseplate
- Demis Hassabis – Co-founder & CEO Google DeepMind
- David Holz – Founder of Midjourney
- Kian Hooshmand – Founder of Vocode
- Andrej Karpathy – Creating General Intelligence at OpenAI
- Chris Lattner – Founder of Modular
- Florian Laurent – Co-founder of Dreamlook.ai
- Dr. Fei-Fei Li – Professor at Stanford, Co-Director at Stanford HAI, Co-founder/Chair of AI4ALL
- Nick Locascio – Founder of BoothAI
- Amjad Masad – CEO of Replit
- Leighton McDonald – Concept Designer Using Generative AI
- Emad Mostaque – CEO of Stability AI
- Mira Murati – CTO of OpenAI
- Augustus Odena – Founder of Adept
- Javi Ramirez – Founder of PromptHero
- Victor Riparbelli – CEO of Synthesia
- Shunsaku Sagami – CEO of M&A Research Institute
- Munjal Shah – CEO of Hippocratic AI
- Sharif Shameem – Founder of Lexica
- Noam Shazeer – CEO of Character.AI
- Jascha Sohl-Dickstein – Senior Staff Research Scientist at Google Brain
- Oleg Stavitsky – CEO of Endel
- Mustafa Suleyman – CEO of Inflection AI
- Alexandr Wang – CEO of Scale AI